Monday, December 18, 2006

Bengals fortunes

Tonight is the big Monday Night Football game against the Indianapolis Colts. As I sit at work in anticipation, and gaze at the four Bengals bobbleheads that required such blood, sweat and tears to collect from Burger King this November, I realize that I also have four random slips of paper sitting on my desk from Chinese fortune cookies. Do the fortunes match? You be the judge:

CARSON PALMER

Pleasant experiences make life delightful. Painful experiences lead to growth.





RUDI JOHNSON

To measure up to all that is demanded of him, a man must overestimate his capacities.



MARVIN LEWIS

People rise to your expectations.





CHAD JOHNSON

God gave man limited ability, but unlimited ambition and desire.

1 comment:

John Cunningham said...

Fortune cookies always are more fun if one adds "between the sheets" at the end, I find.